Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A sleepy day

I tried coming down off some of the pillows last night, and didn't sleep very well. I was up aboout 4am. I did go back to sleep for a while, but I feel all drug out and tired today.

Work was work. First I pulled all of the Wednesday morning reports, but those are getting easier to put together now that everyone knows they have to send me their stuff. Most of the day was taken up pulling PODs (Proofs of Delivery) on this huge account that is out of business, but the attorney wanted all the paperwork anyway. Attorneys love documents. I think they make sleeping nests out of them, like chimpanzees.

After work, I went and got my hair cut. I already went down to my summer beard (goatee only) , but my sideburns were just wooly, and my hair had gotten to that "non-descript Ken doll phase" that I can't stand. It was such a relief to get cleaned up before the bear pool party this weekend. Apparently I am required to come up with both a toga and a "Greek side dish". I could do a mushroom baklava, but that is SUCH a pain in the ass. On the other hand, it would give me something to do Friday night. And it is Drew's favorite. I am weighing between that and seeing if I have any more homemade hummus in the freezer. Hmmm, Greek potatoes? I have the potatoes, and I could find my Greek tomato sauce recipe somewhere.... But they have to be served warm. But then so does the baklava.

I may also be going to The Parliament House with Billy and Russ in August. That should be fun. I have been missing them, and now right when I get well they are leaving for Washington State to see Skot. Sigh. I wish I was going to see Skot. Of course, he's all married again now. Along with the rest of the free world, apparently. But anyway. They will be gone from July 2 to July 11. But that's only one weekend. I can deal. They were coming back in time for the moved July 4 bear pool party, which was to be on the 12th, but apparently is has now been moved to the 19th. I know. There is a LOCK event on the 19th, though, and I'll probably go to that. I want to see the LOCK folks, and some good people are coming, many of whom will be staying at Russ and Billy's house. That should be a fun weekend...

When I got home from my hair cut, Terry called to check on me, and give me yet another new phone number. He is going to come by and see me tomorrow night. That will be nice.

The work day, not sleeping well, and a haircut on top of everything else pretty much wiped me out, so I turned in early.

No comments: