Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Work tomorrow*

Well I got the door fixed pretty well. I'll have to have the locks changed now because of the way they fit the deadbolt back, but otherwise it looks pretty good. The siding guy completely blew me off. He didn't answer his phone, and didn't return messages. How in the hell these people earn a living is beyond me. I guess they overcharge so much when they do work that they can afford to have a fuck you attitude the rest of the time.

I got my errands run tonight, and did a bit of laundry. I ate a good dinner so hopefully I won't be hungry if I wake up later. I even had a bit of a nap today.

I guess I'm about as ready as I'm going to get. Eating is still a tiresome and lengthy process, and it makes my mouth really tired. Plus, the things I can eat I really don't want to eat. But at least I can eat now. I'm not going to be able to spend a lot of time on the phone, but I do a lot of correspondence by email now anyway.

My voice is sounding weird. I was thinking before that I was talking funny because of pain. That is still an issue, but I have these weird air bursts that come out during the middle of words sometimes. Drinking is still weird too. It's like little bits of liquid try to go up my nose from behind. I'm hoping that once the swelling goes down and the pain goes away, I'll be able to learn to use my new mouth better. Swallowing is definitely different than it was before.

I still haven't tried my singing voice yet. I think it's still a bit early for that - I can't even blow my nose for another week. I figure I'll ask the doc about singing on the 25th when I go for my follow-up visit.

Tomorrow will be a big day. Being able to get through my morning routine will be a big deal; I'm still pretty woozy and hurty in the morning when I wake up. But I moved a good bit this morning waiting for the repair guys to get here, kind of as a warm up.

Wish me luck :)

No comments: