Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unsuprisingly awake

Well Mom is ensconced and dreaming on Russ and Billy's fabulous air mattress. Really more like a full-scale blow up bed. And I'm really glad about that. I'm glad she'll be more comfortable and not on the sofa.

I finally got to bed around 12:30am, as much so Mom could go to bed as anything else; she has a long day tomorrow. I knew I wouldn't sleep well tonight.

I've talked to God about it in my mind, as I usually do. And He knows my heart, as always. I don't feel that I can ask for selfish things. I am already so blessed. So I have asked only that His will be done. I can accept that and rejoice in whatever He wants. And for all the nervousness I have had, I have none now.

I'm also really glad that the house work is done.

Crooner is sitting here watching me type, pissed that the bedroom door is closed between here and the study, and that I'm not properly asleep as I should be.

I did drift off a bit after one with a good old BBC Agatha Christie movie in, but was back up at 2:30. Unbelievably, after that huge meal, I am hungry. I probably won't sleep much more tonight, but I guess I'll make up for it later this week.

No comments: