Sunday, June 1, 2008

I don't feel good

I woke up this morning feeling bad. My stomach is messed up, and I feel all tired and drug-out. I don't know if I'm hung over from last night, or if I've picked up some kind of bug, or if my system is in all-out revolt over so much ice cream last night. I know better than to eat it.

I went to the flea market and picked up some produce - there was still nothing but junk otherwise. I went by the grocery store, then came home and ate breakfast. After breakfast (foccacia with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) I felt worse, so I took a bit of a nap. I lazed around until noon or so, still not feeling very good, but knowing I had to get something done.

My step-mom called me about one to tell me that she and Dad are going to Mississippi for a couple of days. After I got up to answer the phone, I decided I HAD to get something done. I worked a bit more on the bedroom, then started doing the cooking for next week. I did a big batch of broccoli pasta with blush hot sauce for lunch next week, and cooked some plantains I had picked up. After eating them at the Colombian place last week, I wanted to try making them. They didn't turn out very well. None of the recipes I found sounded very good, and apparently the one I chose still doesn't have the right technique. The ones I ate at the restaurant were very tender. Mine turned out tough, kind of like dried out sweet potatoes. Not what I wanted at all. But I'll experiment with them to see if I can get them to turn out better.

I did a bit of laundry, changed the bed, and pottered around cleaning the kitchen and stuff. By the time I got all that done, it was pretty much time for bed. I really wish I had gotten more done, but I really don't feel well, and I have to be at work tomorrow to do month end.

No comments: