Sunday, June 8, 2008

A day of reckoning - or - I pay the piper

I was back up at 7am. I thought about trying to sleep some more, but I had so much to do today, I decided to get a move on. I packed up and headed out. I don't take tons of stuff with me, so it's generally not hard for me to head up and move out.

I was home shortly after 9am. After some breakfast and a rest (again I could not sleep), I decided to start cleaning house. There is MUCH to do before Mom gets here Tuesday night. When I got up off the couch, though, I was stiff as a 90 year old. Every muscle in my body hurt. Plus my throat is sore and my ^%$#@!! tonsils are swelling up. If this delays the surgery, I am going to be mega-pissed. I took some Tylenol and kept going. There just wasn't anything else to do. There was just no way my mother could come to the house looking the way it did.

I cleaned for 8 hours, stopping periodically to take more Tylenol and drink more, since I am sure I am still dehydrated. I dust-mopped, dusted, and washed floors. I made decisions about what I did and did not have time to do. I also did all the laundry. I had to do stuff like clean the microwave (I always put that off, because it seems like every time I clean it, something explodes in there again - Mother's, of course, is always spotless). The house is cleaner now than it has been in quite some time.

I finally just had to go eat though, so I didn't finish. My blood sugar was dropping, so I took a shower and headed out to eat. Plus I was really bones-deep tired. I can't decide if I am running a low-grade fever or if it's just the sunburn. I can do the bathroom tomorrow night. I got almost everything else done tonight. I even washed the coolers from camping, and got a bunch of stuff put away that I had been putting off.

Russ and Billy met me for dinner, and they told me about their trip to Atlanta with Ben and James. Apparently they had a good time, but encountered a lot of Atlantitude at Woofs down there. No surprise to me. After dinner, I went over to their house to pick up their good air mattress for Mom to sleep on while she's here. She won't take my bed with me having surgery, I know, and I can't have her sleeping on the couch for a week.

I got home, and gratefully fell into bed. I am so hoping I'll feel better in the morning.

No comments: