Monday, June 30, 2008

Today's Rant - Who cares about germ-free toilets!!??

So they are advertising yet another miracle toilet cleaner on TV every other spot right now, that is supposed to disinfect your toilet "below the water line and into the U-bend".

Who the hell cares??

What am I missing here? I try to keep a reasonably clean house. I clean my toilet regularly so that it doesn't look gross. But why does it need to be germ-free and disinfected? The toilet is something I shit in. Why would I care if it is germ free? I'm just going to germ it right back up anyway. And why the hell would anyone care about germs in the U-bend? Even assuming that you have an un-watched toddler with a toilet fixation and you're constantly worried they are going to catch cholera (surely an extreme minority of households) - do you really think they are going to stick their arm up in the U-bend to get at the filth??

When I hear about something that will go down under the water to disinfect, I immediately wonder what the hell kind of Franken-chemicals they have to use to get it to do that. Do we really need to add yet more toxicity to the increasingly volatile chemical soup that our water system is becoming?

Studies say that in most houses, the toilet seat is cleaner than the kitchen sponge. I say that this clean toilet obsession has gotten way out of hand.

I say worry less about a sterilized toilet, and more about what we're doing to our environment. If you're going to make soup in the toilet, you have a lot bigger problems to worry about than whether or not it's germ-free.

Also, I'm watching WAY too much TV since the surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turn of the TV and step away from the remote............the gentlemen in white coats will arrive shortly ......go with them to "Happy Place"..........lol babe, you are a mess ........Michael S