Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today was easier

Than yesterday, thank goodness. By the end of the day, I did have a slight headache, but not as bad as yesterday, and nowhere near like Friday. I didn't feel like I was just propping myself up to get through the day. I had a really productive day today too. I got a lot done, and am in a good position for month end. I even got my reconciliations done this week, and I didn't know if I would get to that this month or not.

After dinner, I went to the Chinese buffet, just because I wanted to. Tomorrow night, I get to go see Russ and get this hair and shaggy beard trimmed up. There is a bear pool party this weekend, and I'm going to go, at least for a while. It will the first thing I have done socially. I am ready.

This whole situation has made me feel kind of lonely. Kat and dana were wonderful about calling to check on me and coming by with anything I needed, but by and large I haven't heard much from people. It kind of drives home the fact that I don't belong to anyone any more. Kind of a sad thing to contemplate, since it's looking more and more like I'm going to be single indefinitely. I can get used to it. I have just had way too much time to think about it lately. I want to get out and not think about it for a while.

To that end, I called my friend Lee about going up to visit them for the weekend of the 4th of July. I haven't been to see them in ages, and I want to get out of town and away from the house for a while. Lee is my oldest friend in terms of time we have known each other. He has known me since I was 19. 21 years!! It's just incredible to think about knowing someone for so long. I'm glad he's still in my life. He and his lover Clayton live in an enormous house in a very posh suburb of Charlotte, and it's nice to go lie about and be decorative sometimes. They have a circle of pleasant friends, and sometimes put together a dinner party when I come up, which is always enjoyable. Plus Lee is the best shopping luck ever. I always find incredible bargains when I go shopping with him.

No comments: