Monday, June 2, 2008

Russ's birthday

When I got home, Donnie had had one of his "feelings" that something was wrong, and had left a message for me to call him. I called him back, told him he was right, and we talked about the situation. He caught me up on what is going on with his mother too.

I got the call this afternoon that it was Russ's birthday today, and they were putting together a group to go out to eat sushi tonight. I really didn't feel like going, but Russ is one of my very best friends. Plus they did a birthday thing for me with the bear group last Fall when no one else would really have done anything.

So I sucked it up and went to buy a card.

My stomach was in knots even before I got to the restaurant. They got there, and I did talk to them a bit about what was going on so they would understand what was wrong with me. I did try not to drag down the party though. But when the drinks came and we started talking about other things, I really did feel better and was glad I went.

I has a suprisingly good time. But by the end of the evening though, it was clear that I have picked up a stomach thing. The combination of saki and pineapple juice, raw fish, and yet more ice cream on top of all the stress I am already under was a really bad idea. I was in pain by the time I left. I stopped off on the way home for a bottle of Pepto and went home to do battle. It's going to be a long night.

1 comment:

JLo said...

I hope you're feeling better today, honey. :)