Thursday, June 5, 2008

I decide to stop whining and get on with it.

I am sick of listening to myself.

Today I:
- Cancelled DirecTV
- Contracted to have cable put in next Friday
- Contracted to have some minor repairs done on the house on the 16th
- Made an appt to have service work done on the car while I'm not using it
- Made my packing list for the Edge

And did my regular job at the same time. The DirecTV people still didn't have the name change on the account when I called. It didn't stick. So I had to do all that again. But I guess it doesn't matter, since I'm turning it off anyway.

After work I:
- Got gas (yikes!)
- picked up a prescription
- laid in food and litter for the cats
- ate dinner (while watching one of the two channels I had when I got home)
- got my packing list together, and got a lot of stuff on in the car
- talked to my friend Terry to tell him about the sugery

I sat down at the computer tonight, and was able to download some music I have been looking for for about 10 years. The rarely seen second album by the group "Boys Don't Cry", called Cities On Fire. It's been out of print for years. I just loved that group - so many homoerotic sexual double entendres, even though they were apparently straight (the lead singer settled down to marry and have babies after they dis-banded). Anyway, this album is fantastic, and contains two of my favorite songs they did - "Lipstick" and "You Better Turn Over (I like it better that way)". Yay!!

Makes me kind of wish I had time to mix a couple of new CDs to take with me this weekend. But I do have my traditional River's Edge mix CD in the car. The only time I listen to it is when I'm on the way to the Edge, and that too has become kind of a tradition.

It felt good to pack. Just to start getting the feeling of other trips, and be able to focus on something fun.

I'll hit the high spots on the house Sunday when I get home. I can't fix the situation between Dad and Paul and Cindy. The surgery is out of my hands. Michael is doing what he is supposed to be. Other than all this stuff I have been worrying about, I guess I'm about as ready as I can be. Mom's coming, and everything will be OK. We were emailing back and forth about details yesterday, and getting things worked out for next week. It's going to be OK.

Tomorrow after work, I am laying EVERYTHING down, and leaving for Georgia. And I'm not going to think about it at all until I get home. Period.

No comments: