Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mom comes into her own

Mother had already picked up the prescriptions from the doctor and turned them in to be filled before she even came to get me, but there was one she had to go to an apothecary for. It's a topical sucker that numbs your throat. Apparently it was quite a saga to get it, and she was gone a good part of the afternoon.

While she was gone, I put in a movie and rested for a while, then sneaked to the computer and sent a few emails to friends. I got some beautiful flowers from work, and my agency sent me a basket of delicious-looking cookies. I know, I can't eat them, but they sure do look good. I guess it won't be too long before I can eat them.

I had some lovely bread soaked in mushroom soup for lunch, and she made me some spinach with goat cheese and mashed potatoes for dinner. Lovely. I could actually taste the spinach a bit. Sadly, my taste buds seem to be "fried" from the numb sucker and from being dry so long. I can't taste a lot. I am eating much better than I thought I would. Much better. And still breathing better than I was before the surgery, although there is a bunch of foam junk sprayed in my sinuses to hold them in place while they heal. It tastes pretty vile too - strong enough and bad enough that I can taste it when I irrigate my sinuses.

No comments: