Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday chores*

I got it together, and did the shopping, the cooking, and most of the laundry, changed sheets, etc.

I did meet a guy named Richard that I had been talking to online for a while. He was nice, and it was good to put a name with a face. He just moved here from Pittsburgh not too long ago, and he's feeling the social downshift of being around here. I asked if he might want to go out sometime, but he kind of hemmed and hawed around, so I'm not sure he wants to.

It has been a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory weekend. The new creepy Johnny Depp version was on Friday when I fell asleep on the couch, and I listened to part of it Saturday morning while I made baklava. Today when I was finishing up the cooking, the good old version with Gene Wilder was on. I love that movie.

I made a surprisingly bland baked spaghetti to take for lunch this week. I had been really looking forward to it, so I was disappointed. For some reason, since the surgery, all I have really wanted to eat is pasta. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Spaghetti is usually better the next day.

In yet more TV news, I heard my favorite Men Without Hats song "Jenny Wore Black" used in an advertisement for an amusement park today. As glad as I am that talent in the song was finally recognized (I think that Men Without Hats may well have been one of the best one-hit-wonder bands ever), it made me feel old that it was in an ad designed to get my attention for something to do with my kids.

The FOX Sunday night line-up was not on tonight, they showed Jurassic Park again for the umpteenth time, so I watched Nanny McPhee on ABC Family Channel instead while I did laundry. Basically, I spent the evening putting things to rights and thinking about leaving for Charlotte next week.

The lawn still needs to be mowed, and I may have a date next week, in addtion to packing, etc. I've pretty much decided to leave Thursday night, thinking that the people that have taken the day off on Thursday will be gone before I get off work, and if I leave Friday morning, I would be leaving with all the people who couldn't get Thursday off (or like me, couldn't take Thursday off). I'm looking forward to getting away for a bit, and I may be meeting a guy in Charlotte with whom I have been corresponding by email for some time. We'll see. He's being a bit dicey about it, and if there are too many roadblocks, I won't meet him. It's more important that I spend time with Lee and Clayton than that I see some guy.

No comments: