Sunday, November 30, 2008

I was finally able to spend a little time on line after I got home. I worked on my blog, answered some emails, and read some things Brad sent me. I had been pretty much looking forward to reading this stuff all day (despite a warning of his penchant for free-verse poetry, which is just not my thing) - kind of like dessert. He has been so funny and witty in his emails to me. The passages were pretty shattering. When I finshed I remembered the first time I watched The Wall. After it ended, I poured myself a large drink, and sat in the open sliding glass door with my feet out in the rain, listening to the storm. No that out there for me to relate these writings about the process and pain of recovery from addiction to a notorious rock opera about drug abuse. I can safey say it took the Chatty right outta my Kathy. The things I had wanted to say to him just seemed stupid and vapid. I emailed him back, but was pretty much at a loss for words. I felt like I had been showing off my "My Little Pony" lunchbox to someone who appraised for Sotheby's.

After that, I turned off the computer, ate some dinner, and watched the rest of the Fox Sunday night line-up. I cleaned up from dinner, and turned in with a Family Guy DVD for dramatic renewal of purpose. That show is just like CPR for your smart-assness.

No comments: