Monday, November 3, 2008

I am SO ready to go

to the beach.

I worked my ass off today, and mostly got the presentation done. I just lack one set of numbers from a guy who is out of the office. Work was stressful. I'm still getting new clients lobbed in my lap while I'm trying to get month end done and clear my desk for the trip. But the day passed quickly anyway.

I went by the library on the way home and got books and books on CD for the trip. I did have time to look up directions to a couple of places at the beach. For the most part, we'll be going to the same places we always do - I'm kind of Republican about vacations. If it worked for me in the past, I tend to go back to the same places. There's a great Mexican place down there called Abuelo's that I particularly want to go back to. There's also a wonderful Thai place I'd like to visit again on King's Highway. I've had so much going on, I really haven't given a lot of thought to the trip, but I'm getting excited now. Before this, I have mostly just thought about how much I needed some time off work. The only block of time I have taken off this year was to have surgery, and that isn't very relaxing.

When I got home, I started more laundry, but this is the last of it. That means I have all the packing to do tomorrow, but that's OK. I should be able to get it done.

I talked to guys on Bear411, and listened to election coverage on CNN. I also virtuously ate sweet & sour cabbage twice today. Once for lunch and once for dinner. I don't want it to go to waste, and it did turn out good, but I'm really tired of it. I figure I'll be eating so much fattening stuff while I'm gone it won't hurt me to suffer a bit now - not to mention the money.

Jeremiah texted tonight from work. He hinted around that I should delay my departure on Wednesday so that he could come over. That really pissed me off. To think that I would cut time off from my mother, on a trip that we take only once a year, to sit at home and wait on a guy I have met once, and who stood me up the last time we made plans? Not bloody likely. I haven't seen him but the one time, which he blames on his job. I respect a man that works, but I've been an office widow before, and frankly have no fucking time for it any longer. I told him you have to make time in this life for what's important to you, and I'd be around when he decided he could make some time. That's the problem with younger guys. No perspective. It's not his fault. I am kind of disappointed though. He made all the right noises. I thought maybe we could go out. I uncharitably suspect this latest plea to see me has more to do with a yearning that comes from a place considerably to the south of his heart. I don't have a problem with that, but don't give me hearts and flowers words and then act like a fuck buddy. I suppose that I'm exasperated with myself for half-way believing him.

After the text session, I cleaned up, went on to bed and watched a Family Guy marathon. I just love that show.

No comments: