Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner in Easley

For some reason I was sleepy all day today. This despite work trying to kill me. I'm staring to panic about year end, now in 7 days! I have a lot to do between now and then, and working through that dumpage from last month has my desk pretty crazy already.

It's shaping up to be a busy week. I have dinner out with H tomorrow night. I'm going to have to talk to him about this whole preacher thing. I know he doesn't want to talk about it on his day off, but I have questions I need answered before anything else happens.

Michael agreed with me when I had dinner with him and Joe in Easley tonight. I hadn't seen them in about two weeks, Michael saw me online today and asked if I was free tonight, which I pretty much was. I needed to bake another tureen of soup tonight, but since Joe was in a seminar and they didn't want to have dinner until 8pm, it worked out fine.

I popped home, popped my soup in the oven, and changed out some laundry loads, then hit the road to meet them.

We ate at Applebees. I don't usually go there because they have a bacon fairy in the back and it ends up in the oddest things. I have gotten quesadillas there that eneded up having bacon in them - after I asked for no chicken or beef. But my food was fortunately bacon-free tonight, even though I forgot to ask. Our waiter was a cutie too. Unfortunately the "dynamite shrimp" weren't buffaloed as I had hoped, but some kind of asian sweet and hot thing, but they were pretty good. By the time we ate though, I was ravenous, and proceeded to eat my food and finish everyone else's as well. It was like that dream sequence Audrey Griswold (the daughter) has on the plane in "National Lampoon's European Vacation". Only in real life.

Joe seems to have recovered well from his surgery, although his knee is still giving him a twinge every now and then.

Between work trying to kill me and Michael trying to get his client's hair caught up before the holiday, we were all pretty worn out. I caught them up on what has been going on with me, and Michael told me about his stuff. Then we went home and went to bed.

3 comments:

Rhen said...

Bacon fairy, eh? That brings up such intriguing mental images. :-)

Anonymous said...

'Then we went hme and went to bed '? That line sounds a little odd, considering lol fun but odd lmao michael

thefabulousmrthing said...

OK, for any who mis-read that. We went to our own homes and got in our own beds. Michael with Joe, and me with Jinx and Crooner.