Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I feel sooooo crappy

I was up three times last night with a fever that kept spiking and breaking, and severe abdominal cramps. Since I don't get a period, the only thing I could find online with those symptoms was Typhoid Fever. Since I doubt I have the Typhoid, I went on to work. Not that I had a choice. I have TONS of work piled on my desk, and it is now only five business days until month end. I don't have a fever any more this morning, but I have that "wrung out like a washcloth" feeling you get after running a fever at night.

I got to the office and did write-offs. All. Fucking. Day. To make matters more fun, I was kind of dizzy, really tired, and my computer had decided it was Special Needs, prompting me at one point to just yank the plug out of the wall and start over.

But I got all the write-offs done (except for two, on which I am of course waiting on components from others, but hey I only emailed my boss for his part on one in mid-fucking-October, so what do I expect). I also by some miracle had time to catch up on calls, get one schizo call from a customer who couldn't read their invoices, and have one account really piss me off before it was time to go home. I dropped the schizo record research in the in-box for in the morning and left. I was beat, and felt terrible.

But tonight I had an appointment to get my hair cut. And I really needed it. My eyebrows were approaching Andy Rooney-esque proportions, which seems to be one of the side-effects of aging. You don't really lose hair, it just moves from your head to your eyebrows and ears.

Russ is all settled in in the new shop, and doing a bang-up trade from a bunch of new clients he just got. I'm really glad he's doing so well. After he transformed me from a member of the Hair-Bear Bunch (those higher in the alphabet than generation x will have to look that one up) back to Steve, he asked if I wanted to go to dinner. Ordinarily I love to get an evening with Russ and Billy for pretty much any reason, but Billy didn't answer his phone, and the longer I sat there, the more I just wanted to go home. So I went on.

I had errands to run anyway. I dropped by CVS to get my prescriptions since I had no hay-fever medicine this morning, and picked up a bunch of crap because I wasn't feeling good. When I'm sick I indulge myself with junk food that I ordinarily don't let myself eat. I bought cashews, caramel granola bars with tons of sugar, and a Reese's Christmas Tree just because it is my favorite candy in the Whole Wide World. I got chips and dip at the grocery store, since I had to stop and get fruit for lunch tomorrow anyway.

When I got home, Pat that I used to work with called. She was asking me for her own recipe back for her Faboo Cheese Ball, which she has never written down because she made it from memory for so long. Had it been anyone but Pat, I would probably have blown them off, but she is such a sweet woman, and has been so good to me, and she's lonely since she retired. I answered her question and talked to her for a bit before she let me go, after which I ate copious amounts of junk food.

I also got a package today. Robert send me a copy of "Sweeney Todd" with Angela Lansbury after reading an old blog post about how much I love that version. It was an incredibly sweet thing to do, and of course I had to call him to thank him. I left a message on his voice mail, then turned off the phone. I was just whooped.

I then brushed my teeth, took some pills, and went to bed.

No comments: