Sunday, November 16, 2008

A long Sunday

In which I wasted a lot of time, but enjoyed myself. When I got up this morning and checked my messages, Robert was already up and signed on to Bear411. After talking to him for a while online, and then for longer on the phone, we decided to have lunch. I drove up and we went for Mexican. We had a good lunch. He's really funny and smart, and laughs in all the right places. I love that in a guy.

After lunch, I decided to see if I could find the expensive antique place to see if the ruby red bubble bowl I didn't buy the last time I went up was still there. It was! I was so happy. Every other bowl in the stack had been sold, but it was still there. I knew I wanted it, but his was like it was just supposed to be mine. Of course I bought it.

Bubble 8 3/8" large berry bowl in ruby red by Anchor Hocking, circa 1940-1965

I also found a Glasbake loaf pan out on the "porch" section of the store in the pattern I collect. It has a some fleabites around the inside of the rim (obviously where things have been cut in it), and it was probably over priced. I paid $9 for it. But I really liked it, and hadn't seen a loaf pan like it before.


Glasbake #254 etched loaf pan by Mckee Glass, circa 1917-1953

After that we picked up one of the handy direction fliers they hand out there, and went on in to the Inmann Antique Mall. Surprisingly, I didn't find anything there today.

By this time, it was getting on into the afternoon, and I had been playing way longer than I should have. So I dropped Robert by his place and headed home. I got some gas, and finally bought some shampoo on the way home, since I've been low for days, and just kind of hoping to get one more shower out of what I had.

I started working on my Ribollita when I got home. Good thing my beans were all ready to go, and that I've made this recipe so many times before. I make it every year. It's a hearty twice-cooked Tuscan white bean and bread soup. The dish has kind of become a tradition for me - one of the harbingers of Fall. I usually make it around Halloween, but with the beach trip being late and all this year, I just have gotten around to it.

After it was done and on to simmer, I did some laundry and watched the Sunday night line up on Fox before turning in. But not before having a big steaming bowl of hearty Tuscan stew. Mmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Rhen said...

Today was a fun day and very educational. I feel honored to have spent it with you.

thefabulousmrthing said...

Aw. Thanks.