Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What. A. Day.

Lordamercy.

I woke up feeling like shit. Tired and headachey. My first thought was could I call in sick. I couldn't, of course.

Yesterday I had spent just putting out fires, making responses, and cleaning out email bascially.

Today I had to hit the ground running and actually catch up on my job. To complicate matters, my boss had re-scheduled his 11:30 meeting for 9am tomorrow, so I had to get all the docs ready for that today.

Add to that the end-of-the year account dumpage going on. In a typical month, I get 115K-200K on my desk. Last month I had over a $1million. And already over 150K this month (in the first 11 days!), so my desk is a nightmare.

I'm afraid I was a bit short with a couple of people in the office today. Still, by the end of the day, I had grabbed my whip and chair and tamed my desk back down. All my new clients are coded and contacted, and I'm caught up on calls. It wasn't easy.

When I got off work, I still had to go to the grocery store, since there was nothing in the house to eat (I really should have done this yesterday when I was partying at Todd's). I managed to spend $70 in about 30 minutes and headed home. When I got to the car, Justin called and I caught up with him a bit on the way.

When I got home, I talked to my new neighbor about my pictures session, since Dad has asked for a new picture for his birthday.

I threw a frozen pizza in the oven and chatted online for a bit, then got IN THE BED after supper. I need to do some wash, but decided tonight was not the night for that. But then Terry called, and I talked to him for a while. It was good to catch up. He is adamant that I need to put the tree up this year for Christmas. Last year is the first time since I moved out that I didn't have a tree. He may come help me do that. If he doesn't, I'm pretty sure I won't do it. He is also apparently buying for me this year, so I need to add his and John's name to the gift list.

Somehow, during the course of the conversation I managed to lose the remote for the bedroom TV. After searching the whole house for a half hour and tearing apart and re-making the bed, I found it between the cushions on the sofa, where I apparently carried it when the phone rang.

And then I went to BED.

No comments: