Friday, November 7, 2008

Lunch at Peaches!

After a delicious breakfast of leftover pizza (for me anyway), we dropped the post cards at the post office and headed to Surfside. We started the day at the Surfside flea market. We call that "the kitchen one" because there are so many booths there that sell kitchen stuff. We got a lot of crap. I bought back scratchers, sunglass visor holders, and a double boiler (finally, I've been looking at them for years). There isn't much yardsale stuff there, so I wasn't really looking for glass today. This is more or less a tourist trap flea market, but it's a lot of fun. I did get a new Forschner chef's knife at one of the kitchen places. I have a very good Wustof, but it's a 5" blade, and I really wanted a 7" but couldn't afford it. There are plenty of times I'm cooking with it and really wish I had a couple more inches of knife. The one I got today is the best blade Forschner makes, carbon steel, etc. I'm pretty stoked about it! Mom got it for my Christmas present.

After all that shopping and driving, we were ready for some lunch. We missed the turn to Sam's Corner, where we were going to eat, and ended up back in Myrtle Beach proper. I was very glad that Peaches was open today. It just wouldn't be a trip to the beach for me without a trip to Peaches.

Peaches from the outside

Mom trying to eat her lunch. Note the lucious foot-long awaiting me at my place. It was fantastic, as usual.

I eat my one real hotdog per year at Peaches on the beach. I've been eating them there since I was a kid. I have a kid dog there still, with just ketchup, mustard, and mayo. Their hotdogs are so good you really don't need to put a bunch of stuff on them.

We wandered back through the Gay Dolphin, just because we were so close, and picked up a couple more postcards. We did some of the beach shops downtown too. I got my magnet for the trip (I get a fridge magnet every year) and another set of windchimes. I wanted some bamboo ones.

No comments: