Thursday, November 20, 2008

A pretty good day, riiiiiiiigt up until the end

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." William Shakespeare, Henry VI, part II Act 4, scene 2

Yeah. It's been that kind of day. The same account that pissed me off yesterday manged to do so again today. My fault for being devoted to duty. They were emailing me right at closing to prevent follow-up, but I decided to stay late to call the soulless bag of guts back. He must be expensive, because his SOB level was pretty much off the charts, and from experience I know that selling one's soul is still expensive - even in this market. I rarely drink after work. My rationale is that if I need a drink, that's the time that I should not be drinking. But I have to say that even though I know it isn't a cure for what ails you, Southern Comfort and Coke makes the symptoms damn bearable.

***

Actually, most of the day was pretty good. I got my write-offs signed, processed, and turned in, except for the big ones that have to go to California. I got both of the paragraphs I needed on the other two I have to write up, and people had been calling me back.

After dealing with the soulless minion of Satan, as noted above however, it was hard to lay the day down. I rarely take work home with me, but William Broussard, Sr., as dispicable as he was, made it into the car with me, and even onto the porch a bit. Eventually I banished him, since keeping him there with me would mark a victory for his ilk.

I went home and made that drink, then went on the front porch and smoked my last three cigarettes. I called Miss Kat and talked to her for a while. I called Eve about Thanksgiving. Apparently I am getting fancy Thanksgiving dinner with them at a place called Richard's. They talk about it all the time, and I have heard about it for years, so I am actually a bit stoked about going. Of course this means I will have to dress up, but so be it.

I ate leftover curry for dinner (purchased with the wages of sin), and talked to Robert for a minute or two before he went to work. Happily, by that point I was in my ole comfy sweats with a kitty on my lap, vegged in front of the tube.

I watched a fascinating special on turkeys; how commercial turkeys are raised, the by-products, etc. It was very interesting. They are looking to turkey feather fibers now to replace plastic, and burning litter to make electricity.

I also watched a new South Park, in which Butters thought he had been turned into a vampire. It was pretty good.

But that drinking early in the evening didn't work out so well for me. I had a headache, and couldn't get to sleep. I eventually took some Tylenol PM and zonked out.

No comments: