Monday, December 1, 2008

A rough start, but things evened out

I was up only briefly in the night, around 2:30 or so, and responded to a lovely email from Brad.

I woke back up about 7:30am, looked at the clock, and panicked. I had set the alarm, but forgot that I had moved the time on it for Thanksgiving, so it was set for 8:30 instead of 6:30. I called my boss and told him I was running late. Despite having gotten up an hour late, I managed to be only 20 minutes late to work.

I immediately went to work on year end, only to have the power go out and the whole system crash. I have a very busy week this week, preparing year end, entertaining our coroporate attorney from out-of-town, and appearing at a non-binding arbitration as the corporate representative. In addition, my boss has scheduled a "due diligence" visit from our lender this week. Not to mention keeping up with my regular work - the $1.4million in accounts that got dumped on my account in the last two months. I have a lot of balls in the air, and not the fun ones like this weekend ;)

Eventually, I got everything pretty much as caught up as I can get it right now, since reports are running late. The cards are stacking up worse for later this week, but for right now, I have done what I can.

I sent Brad a couple of emails today, explaining what was going on. I set up with H for him to come to dinner tonight. He wants to talk about some stuff with me.

My brother-in-law Paul called today, to find out what's going on with Dick and Eve, since she called him today. She wants to see Brenden for the holidays, which I can understand; but he doesn't want her within a hundred yards of him, which I can also understand. What a painful mess for everyone. I tried to reason with my dad about it again Thanksgiving, but he just can't let his anger go. Even if it means giving up his grandson. That makes me really sad, but that was the third time I have tried to talk to him about this, and it's like beating my head against a brick wall.

No comments: