Friday, November 28, 2008

Lazy, lazy bear*

Well I seem to be having a spell of insomnia this week. I finally got in bed about midnight last night, and was back up at 4am. Apparently Stomach decided we were hungry, which was just ridiculous. I had just given him a sandwich before we went to bed.

I decided to get up, have some water, and check my messages and comments. Surprise, there were two more creepy comments from the H-stalker, thinking he knew who he was, etc. I declined to post them and left a rather tart comment for him to try to shut all that down.

I surfed for a while, and talked to a couple of guys on Bear411. About 6, I noticed my buddy Ken was online, and talked to him for a bit. He ended up coming over for a visit this morning on the way out to go shopping with his family, and we had a really nice visit that I really enjoyed.

TCM is apparently having a Bette and Joan marathon today, and I started watching that, but was trying to sleep some more too. I made a huge breakfast and caught the end of Storm Center, one of Bette's less famous and rather melodramatic films from later in her career. I watched a special about Joan Crawford for the second time over breakfast, and then one of her movies I hadn't seen, Queen Bee, came on. I wanted to see the movie, but it was good that I fell asleep for a while.

I woke up about noon, with Stomach once again wanting to be fed, and put the Quorn turkey loaf in the oven. I decided to make my Thanksgiving food today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, the stomach can be such a whiny bitch. I hope you sleep better tonight and I understand what it is like to be alone. We all need that special someone to hold in our arms and love. Life can be so lonely...but it is also what we make of it.

Rhen said...

I'm putting on a frock and my best curly wig and singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" just for you, Steve. Of course, this is after I've plastered my walls with your pictures and established my shrine to your sexiness. ;-)
Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you again, sweetie.