Friday, November 14, 2008

Dinner out with Anna

When I got off work tonight, the traffic was so horrendous that I couldn't get home. Since Anna and I had agreed to meet up on Pelham at Sushi-Masa, I just went back to the office to wait until time to meet her. We have a big screen TV in the breakroom, and no one works late on Friday, so it was pretty much like being at home, except I had to keep my pants on. It worked out great, because Anna was hungry and called me to see if we could move dinner up. The only down side was that I had to wear work clothes to dinner.

We had a lovely meal. Anna has a tendency to try too hard at first, but I just stayed calm and she calmed down eventually and relaxed. We had a lovely meal with much stimulating conversation.

Since neither one of us wanted the evening to end yet, I went back to her house and met her mom and step-dad. They were really nice people, and we got along famously. Really smart folks too. Well read and thinking people. I was pretty much in top form, and had a fresh audience for my stories, so things went very well. It was a lovely evening. I came home feeling good :)

I think Anna really needs to get involved with LOCK. We talked more about it tonight, especially since the camp-out was this weekend. I've got to get her to a Meet in the Middle.

No comments: