Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prep work, dinner out**

I broke my vow and went to the flea market when I got up this morning. I just couldn't bear to think I might miss something. Since the time "fell back" last night to begin daylight savings time though, people were out early, and everything was pretty picked over. I didn't see any glass, but I think I did see another collector working the White Horse Road market. That makes two others now.

When I got home, I started working on the house. It looked like gypsies had been through.

I started picking up, and more importantly doing tons of laundry, since I have to have the things I want to take to the beach clean.

A buddy of mine called and came by to see me for a bit on his way to see a football game, and then came by again after the game, so that was cool.

By the end of the day though, I'd had enough time in the house, and couldn't bear to eat more leftovers out of the fridge for dinner. I'd been good and fixed breakfast at home and ate leftovers for lunch already. I'm trying to clean out the fridge before I leave town.

I called Russ and Billy, and went over to the new shop, where they were working. It has really changed - Russ has made great strides! He's supposed to get his occupancy permit this week.

We went on to dinner at China and I had more of the addictive coconut shrimp they make there. They put the TV on the Simpsons Halloween special while we were eating, but the sound was off and it just wasn't the same. I'm so pissed they haven't put all those Halloween specials on one DVD or set of DVD's, because I'd sure love to own them.

We went back to the house after dinner, and hung out for a bit. I watched another episode of 'True Blood'. It was better than the last one I saw, but they are so far off the story in some places I don't see how they can get back there. The woman playing Tara's mother in a particularly good actress, and she had a scene to sink her teeth into in the episode I saw tonight. Brava!

No comments: