Sunday, August 31, 2008

Too pooped to party*

Russ was going to the Anderson Jockey Lot this morning, and came by to pick me up. He gets me coffee on the way over, which is nice. It's kind of like our little tradition now and I always appreciate it. He had to go down to set up logos and graphics for the new shop, but of course while we were down there we were going to look around. Still no glass. Just as well. I did pick up a few odds and ends I needed for the house. It's always fun to go and just boy-watch if nothing else. There were some good looking men down there! As usual. And we really appreciated them.

By the time we got back, it was about 1pm, and they were due at a birthday party at 3:30. They had finagled me an invitation, but the closer it got to time to go, the less I felt like going. I don't know why. I was just dreading this party. And I hadn't really been invited anyway. So, since I really didn't want to go, I bailed on it and stayed home. This kind of reminded me of last weekend, when I was at the event and just didn't feel sociable. I just didn't feel like I could face it.

Part of it, I'm sure, was being out so late the last two nights, and then being up early both mornings. Plus, the party was in Fountain Inn, and that's a quarter tank of gas to get out there and back. I can't decide if this is depression, or just part of the changes that have been going on for the last year or so. I just don't feel as social as I used to. I'm getting used to being by myself again. It worries me that I think I'm liking it too much.

I have a bunch of stuff I have been putting off doing, and it will all need to get done tomorrow now, since I was worthless all day again today. I just made a pizza for dinner, messed about on the computer, and went to bed early.

No comments: