Friday, August 8, 2008

Complications and ponderings

Lots of irons in the fire today.

I have to set up my contract for my own cell phone, since the old one has lapsed.

I have to get cat stuff tonight, I'm out of food and litter.

I am broke as a crow still.

Plus I have that stupid ^&*%$#@!! lack of sleep study tonight.

I talked to mother, and we are scheduling our Fall trip. It will be nice to take one this year, since last year we skipped it because I didn't know when the surgery would be, and the year before was the year Michael and I broke up. That wasn't the funnest of trips.

Right now, I have another dilemma on my mind about a personal relationship, but hopefully that will be resolved by then. I have a younger friend who is about to have a serious adjustment to his life. We used to be close, but since he met his boyfriend, he has pretty much withdrawn completely from me. In the old days if there had been a problem, I would have been there in a heartbeat. If he had said he didn't want anyone around, I would have drug him out of the house, or showed up at his door to make sure he was OK, welcome or not, but things have changed over the last couple of months. I have heard second-hand through a younger friend of his that he doesn't need me anymore, and of late that certainly seems to be the case. So now I don't know where I stand. I don't know if I'm wanted/needed or not. I would feel stupid riding in like the cavalry, only to find a whole platoon already there. And he has way too much going on right now to spend time reassuring or dealing with me. I feel like Pooh Bear, stuck away on a shelf because Christopher Robbin is all grown up.

No comments: