Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ready to leave right now!!

Well I have done everything that I can think to do at this stage to get ready for this weekend. I have printed out my directions from googlemaps. I looked up directions to the flea market down there and printed them out as well. I printed out the run schedule since I didn't get my run packet from the Trident Knights yet. I'm doing yet more laundry, both to try to catch up before I leave, and so that I have anything I want to pack Thursday night clean and ready to go.

I ate too much dip tonight - I am SO full. So I'll be extra-fat for the weekend - yay! My face has also obligingly broken out. I have these two zits right at my lip that look like cold sores. That's always appealing. I don't guess I was going to meet a new husband this weekend anyway.

I kept getting phone calls while I was trying to eat. Maybe that was because I was stuffing my face for so long.

Michael called to fill me in on his friend Christina. They have been friends forever, and she still is local to me. He moved up here originally partially to be close to her. She has cancer. The operated on her last week, but the biopsies came back that she has a very aggressive type of cancer, and although they thought they got it all, and although her lymph system appears clear now, they can't be sure the cancer hasn't spread. They're going to do 4 rounds of chemo on her, and a round of radiation. On top of the surgery she's already had. It's going to be tough. I think he just needed someone to listen while he talked about it.

Justin called to tell me he wrecked his car today. Bless his heart, he was worried about moving furniture for me. That was the last thing he should have been worried about. I'm glad he's OK.

I finished Twilight tonight. It did get better when the girl started being hunted by another vampire (other than the one she's in love with) and they had some other stuff to do besides gaze at each other longingly and sneak around behind her dad's back. They took their precious time about getting the action started though. I'm hoping that since all the groundwork has been laid in book one (even if our heroine has not) that book two will start with a bit more of a bang (if not literally).

In other news, the nice guy that I talked to this weekend (Thom - and yes, that's how he spells it. His full name is Thomas though, so I guess it's OK. If he wasn't so nice, it would seem really pretentious to me, but I know how gay guys are about their names. Anyway.) has been aggressively texting me this week. I'm not able to do stuff because I'm getting ready to go out of town, and he also seems to have this impossible schedule, but at some point I guess I'll meet him. I'm trying to line something up for next week, but he's pretty insistent.

Why is it that there are weeks of nothing, and then everything happens at once? That is one for my list of Questions for God. Hopefully someday I'll get to ask them.

After being pretty depressed for a while, I've finally hit a patch of feeling like myself again, which is nice. I'm hoping (as I keep doing) that the worst is over. It's easier when I have something to look forward to. I'm really excited about this trip!

No comments: