Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am kind of hung over, I guess

I called dana this morning to go over to White Horse Road flea market, since she said she wanted to go. I didn't find a bit of glass, but we found all kinds of cool old bottles for dana to look at. I had no idea such valuable things were on offer at White Horse Road. We found two old brown coke bottles that are apparently worth $120 each, and a Civil War era whiskey ration bottle that was priced at $150. Another find was a #13 Ball jar, complete with a perfect glass lid, that I think was also priced at $150. Apparently the bootleggers would break all the #13s out of the numbered sets for fear of bad luck, so the #13 jars are very rare and expensive. It was quite an education for me.

It's just as well I didn't find any glass, since I continue to be incredibly broke. I just picked up some produce and some groceries to cook next week.

***

When I got home, I had a headache, and all I really felt like doing was laying around. I slept some, since I was up so late last night, but really didn't feel like doing much when I woke up. I was just plain puny.

I did manage to stir myself to change the sheets and do a few little things around the house, but for the most part, I was worthless.

Billy did call though, to invite me to go to dinner with him and Russ in Spartanburg, at the fabulous Thai Taste, and I was happy to go. I love that place. Plus I was needing some Russ and Billy time. I did't get to see much of them last weekend. Of course we re-hashed last weekend on the way up there, and caught up on gossip during the meal.

By the time we got back to their place, we were just ready to chill out, which was just what I wanted to do, and just what we did. We had a really good visit and talk. After a while, James came out (he had been in his room when we got home) and talked for a while. Bless his heart, he has had a very rough week. He and Ben broke up. I really feel for him, but there isn't much you can do except listen. On top of it all, he's having some health issues, and really didn't feel well tonight. I felt so protective of him, and tender for him. We put him to bed, and I just wanted to crawl in after him and hold him. I was just awash with all that caring that I have had on hold for months. But of course, I'm not the person James wants to look after him. So I packed it all back in and went home.

No comments: