Thursday, August 14, 2008

Temptations continue

They had free chicken wings in the office today. I wanted some soooo bad, but I didn't eat any. There wasn't a lot for me to eat in the free lunch today, as the other main dish was bratwurst, and of course most of the people in my office had no idea what bratwurst was. So I explained it to them. Then listened for the comments of people coming out of the cafeteria. "Those sausages weren't done - they were white." And the like. Sometimes I really feel like we deserve our reputation for being rubes down here. I told my buddy Anna when I went to the cafeteria that if she wanted to please redneck women, the key would be chicken fingers and honey mustard, which apparently many women in my office mainly live on. They seem to have them every day for lunch. But I digress.

I subverted my chicken wing lust with about 8.5million french fries, also on offer today. I LOVE fries, and don't eat them that often. I ate so many today, I just about made myself sick on them. And topped them off with two cookies and sweet tea. I am gonna be big as a house.

Of course since fries don't really stick to your ribs, I was ravenous by the time I got off work. I justified my trip to Moe's for nachos for dinner to my continuing to deny myself chicken wings. Sigh.

I turned in early, as I'm still worn out from sleeping poorly. I just know that I'm going to have to still have that CPAP machine when the results come back. I couldn't sleep again tonight. I laid there awake, thinking about Richard, until I called him to come over after work. I am gonna be dead tomorrow at work.

No comments: