Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quiet Wednesday, for the most part*

Although I did pitch a fit in my boss's office today. I have those reports that he wants done every Wednesday, and they are time sensitive. The problem is I have to have status on the accounts from each of the people that handle them to complete the report, and it is like pulling teeth to get some people to respond. It is obviously not a priority for them. One woman today just totally gave me the brush-off and told me to use her statuses from last week. I told my boss that I was tired of being everyone's mama, and reminding them over and over to turn their stuff in. He agreed. I can now turn the reports in without status from people if they don't get back to me. That should make my life less stressful.

They had apple pie with ice cream and caramel today, and I just couldn't resist. It was really good pie, with lots of cinnamon and a thick flaky crust. Mmmmmm. The apples were of course those lousy Granny Smith apples they always use (I like softer apples for a pie), but there weren't really enough of them to interfere with the pie-y goodness. I don't usually eat the stuff they give out here, because there is so much of it, but after not hearing back last night, I was in kind of an indulgent "fuck it" kinda mood.

After work, I fooled around a bit, ate a salad, and listened to the Olympics and messed about on the computer for a while. I turned in early, haven't been sleeping well this week.

No comments: