Thursday, August 21, 2008

Errands and packing - Yay!

Well the day didn't drag out too badly today, but bad enough. I was busy making lists though, and organizing errands in order of distance from the house so I could run them on the way home. I don't know why doing pre-trip errands gives me a little lift, but it does. My mother loves planning vacations, so I guess I get that from her.

I scored big at the library - a Rita Mae Brown Sneaky Pie Brown mystery - cool. That will be nice to listen to tomorrow night. I got all my errands run, and went home to eat supper. After that, with my list, I packed stuff up. I got out my BIG duffle bag, even though I'm only going to be gone for the weekend, because the last time I went to the Parliament House, I ran out of clothes. They kept getting stuff on them, and I kept having to change... That isn't going to happen this time. I could stay a week.

I went ahead and put most of the stuff in the car, and by that time it was after 9. Since I've been sleeping so poorly this week, I decided to go on to bed. I was pretty tired. I'm hoping I can sleep tonight. I usually can't ever sleep when I'm keyed up about going somewhere, and then by the time I get there, I'm exhausted from not sleeping. I've packed some 5-hour energy drinks in case I need them. Among other things. I think I'm pretty much prepared for anything at this point. I have full sun gear for the pool, mosquito repellant (the mosquitos there will carry you back to the swamp), and two umbrellas. I have enough t-shirts and underwear to outfit a softbal team, and a leather ensemble to wear to the bar for the party Saturday night. Now all I need is to survive the next 24 hours in a froth of impatience. Russ is already there, having a good time, which just makes it that much worse. I just know he'll have seen all the penii before I get there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey mrthing, where did you end up going? I hope your trip was nice. Usually the night before going on one I also have trouble getting to bed, so I like to have energy shots nearby if I'm feeling tired on the road.

By the way, have you tried 6 Hour Power? They make energy shots that provide long-lasting energy without the crash, and they come in 5 different flavors so you never get sick of them. They're also sugar free and have zero calories. Check them out at www.6hrpower.com

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post. I work with 6HP so if you have any questions about the drink feel free to ask me. Have a great day.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com