Monday, August 4, 2008

I had a call from Donnie this morning. Apparently Mark had to have a stent put in his heart. A vessel in the back was 90% occluded. Of course I am sympathetic, but I can't help but wonder how much of this is due to that low carb/high fat diet they have both been on for so long. They are both very meat-centric. Of course I am glad that Mark is doing well, and it certainly wasn't the time to say "told you so". Or even think it. Much. Since my dad is the Dick Cheney of Greenville, I hardly have room to talk.

We had free lunch today at work. They make the best pasta salad in the cafeteria. It is really tasty. Some variation of balsamic vinegar and mayo. I'll have to play around with that, or see if I can find out the secret from a friend. I ate too much and had two cookies, so I was not a good boy today.

After work I came home to read. I'm reading a PG Wodehouse I hadn't read before called Hot Water. I just love his books, and it has been years since I read one, having read most of them when I was younger. But I'm itching to start in on those Aurora Teagarden books.

I had a big salad and spinach casserole for dinner, then had Pop Tarts for dessert (they were on sale this week, and they had my fave, unfrosted cinnamon). I figured I'd already blown it for today anyway.

I watched a bit of telly, chatted on the computer for a bit, and went to bed.

No comments: