Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An unexpected visit

Well I'm out with the bears tomorrow night, and I'm getting my hair cut, so tonight was really my only night home. I had pizza makings, and made a surprisingly good mushroom and onion pizza, although when I figured up what it cost, it was about $10 per pizza, and I can buy them already made for about half that, albeit not with whole wheat crust and lots of veggies on top.

I also had to get going on laundry, since I brought tons of dirty clothes back from Augusta. Every time I walked out the door of my room, I was soaking wet (with either rain, sweat, or both) in about 10 minutes.

I had just gotten through eating and putting a load of clothes in when Justin called. He said he wanted to come over and talk. He also sounded really strange. I asked him on the phone, "Why do you sound like that? You sound like you're going to sell me a used car or something." He demurred, and said he would talk to me when he got to the house.

It turned out to be some drama/gossip about some things that have been going on. It was really good to see him; and since he considered what was going on to be a Big Deal, I was pleased that he chose to talk to me about it. We had a really good yak session, and I caught up on what he's been doing. I don't know what's been going on since his blog is completely private now. Although he was in a defiantly jovial mood last night, I can tell things have not been easy for him since Heath left, and it hurts my heart to think about it. But he has told me he doesn't like people around him when he is upset, and I'm honoring that and not sticking my nose in.

In other strange news, I got an anonymous and not very nice message from someone yesterday who appears to be very put out with me. He seems to be wanting recognition or acknowledgement of some kind, but since I don't know who sent the message, that kind of defeats the purpose.

I also heard from another guy that I had kind of decided not to go out with any more, but we may go out again. I don't see us as couple material, but he is claiming that he doesn't want a relationship anyway. Hmmmm. Thinking about that one.

No comments: