Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another busy day

But I'm starting to get back on top of things. I was able to carve out a little sanity time today.

After work, it was errand time. I had to get hat stuff and groceries.

My first hat stop at Michael's Craft Store was pretty successful, they had what I wanted, and part of it I figured out how not to buy. Good thing, since I ended up spending more than I intended. So much for this being a cheap hat. I'm glad I got a break on the base.

My next stop was less successful. I couldn't find my fabric; and that fabric store people were singularly unhelpful. One of the salesladies was reading a magazine as I stood there, obviously in need of help, and the other one was on a personal phone call. I eventually saw everything and left. I don't think they had what I wanted anyway. I may have to resort to Wal-Mart, as much as I hate it. This is the one time a year when Michael and I used to break down and go. Because all is fair in love and hats. And because Wal-Mart has pretty much wiped out the sewing notions market.

While I was in the area, I went to the new Super Bi-Lo in Verdae Marketfair. I have to say it is a beautiful store. And huge. But the bigness seems to translate into carrying many more of the same items they have in their other stores. They still don't have a lot of the things I buy every week. Fortunately, they had what I wanted last night, for the most part.

By the time I got home, I collapsed. I have to bake a pie tomorrow night for BB. I also hope to buy hat fabric before the weekend, so I can get right to work on Saturday.

No comments: