Sunday, April 6, 2008

What. A. Day.

After the flea market, I knew I had to shake a leg today. Lots to do.

I put the sweet potato pie in the oven for BB, then started making Caponata. I chopped veggies for a good while, then put it all on to slow cook. Did some laundry and then got cleaned up to go to the nursing home.

I packed up my new Bubble Glass bread plates to serve the pie on, and cloth napkins and stuff to make it nice for BB. When I got there, Mom and Dad were there visiting. Dad called me after they left, and asked me to meet them for dinner when I left BB. BB was in pretty good spirits overall, and thrilled to get pie. The woman across from her is dying though, so there was a lot of her family in and out. BB pretty much takes it in stride. She says this is the seventh roommate she's lost, which is pretty sad.

After my visit with her, I met Mom and Dad for dinner. And Dad told me his side of the whole Cindy and Paul debacle. More drama and heartbreak. The whole situation is really sad all the way around. And now they can't see my nephew Brenden any more. They are pretty broken up about it.

I called Mama and talked to her a while when I got home. She spent the day in Charleston yesterday, and had a good time with her friends. We swapped dating stories for a while.

I went out on the porch for a while, and saw the neighbors carrying in pizza, so I dished up some Caponata for them to eat with the crusts and gave it to them.

And I am done, and in for the night.

No comments: