Thursday, April 10, 2008

I no longer have Rue McClanahan hair!


I mean it's great and all, and it works on her. I just don't want it on me! I'll never have Rue McClanahan hair again. No, nor any of my folk (if they don't want it). If I have lie, steal, cheat, or make tuna casserole. As God as my witness, I'll never have Rue McClanahan hair again!

Apparently my recent indifference to my appearance has passed.

Paul called as I was getting ready to leave work yesterday, to ask if Mom and Dad had shared their side of the quarrel. When I admitted that they had, he wanted to get into a discussion about it, but I told him I just really don’t want to be in the middle. He did tell me that this has really affected them, and that Brenden (my nephew) has had a really hard time dealing with it. The whole thing is sad.

I am SO incredibly grateful to have my hair cut!! It had been too long.

After that, Russ and I went to dinner, out for nasty Chinese buffet. Who should we run into the minute we walk in the door but M from Wed night, out for dinner with a companion. Quite a coincidence, since I haven't seen him since last summer before this week. I have to say, he was very nice to me, asking me how things went with dinner. He was apparently concerned that my modesty had been offended in some way, which I found very kind of him, if a bit puzzling. So few people assume that I have any modesty left any more.

Russ and I ate, and talked about the Hat Party, and caught each other up on what has been happening in our lives. I told him about my family drama.

I’m telling you this “year of the rat” is living up to it’s reputation. There is just sneaking and drama all over the place, much of it involving money. It has come at me from all sides in the last couple of weeks.

We ended up talking and eating until 8:40. Sigh. I really enjoyed it, and I always love to see Russ, but it’s another night with no hat work.

By the time I ran a quick errand and got ready for bed, it was 10pm.

No comments: