Monday, April 14, 2008

A busy day off

I took today off to recover from the party, and because I don't like having to worry about work the next day when I'm at the Hat Party. This has kind of become a tradition.

I had a lot of just stuff I needed to catch up on, between the surprise party and getting my hat ready, there was a lot I had let slide this year, plus there were just usual weekend chores that hadn't gotten done this weekend.

- I did and filed my income taxes
- Balanced my check book
- Did the grocery shopping
- Returned a book to the library
- Cooked a big thing of macaroni salad to eat on this week (I have been craving it, and homemade is just worlds better than that stuff from the deli)
- Roasted 4 pounds of broccoli
- Washed my grapes for fruit this week, so they would be ready to pack for lunches
- Called in my prescriptions to get them ready for pickup
- Did two loads of laundry

I did take have coffee on the porch this morning - it is my day off after all - even though it turned out ugly and cool again today. I'm not upset about that, I need to be inside anyway, although the yard is going to need some major attention soon. I had thought I might get some of that done today, but no dice. It rained some, plus I just ended up being busy most of the day. I did take a little recovery nap when I got home from the grocery store, because I was really dragging, but that's about all the down time I had.

I was going to Big Lots today, but didn't end up having time. I'm going to have to replace my old tea pitcher. I've had it for sixteen years, and it's falling apart. I only paid $1.50 for it, so I have certainly gotten my money's worth, but I'm kind of sad about it. I'm going back to Big Lots for the replacement since that is where the original came from. A silly thing to be sentimental about, I know, but I get kind of attached to stuff I have had for so long. Just as well I didn't go today. I'll save the trip for something to look forward to tomorrow when I go back to work.

I have met a really nice guy on Match.com, who is interested in old glass too. His name is Terry, and he is a 54 year old guy who lives in Tennessee. He says he is going to send me some stuff he has. He apparently used to collect and sell himself, but has gotten out of the business. He says no one in his family is interested in Depression Glass. I have a strange mix of apprehension and guilt. Either this guy is setting me up for something, or he's really nice and I'm taking advantage of him - and suspecting him. He has my address now, so I guess if he shows up and murders me, someone will know what happened now. I'm inclined to think he's just a nice, kind of lonely guy though.

No comments: