Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bad dream

I dreamed last night that I was getting out Christmas decorations to put up for the holidays. Every box I opened was full of monkeys. Stuffed monkeys, blown glass monkeys for the tree, etc. I had decided that I was going to take them all to Goodwill, rationalizing that if Michael would have wanted them, he would have taken them when he went through the decorations. As I made a pile of things to take to Goodwill, I began to weep. My face was buried in my hands, and I was sobbing in my dream when the alarm went off this morning.

I guess this one isn't that hard to figure out. Michael's nickname is Monkey, and he used to collect monkey stuff. He's been on my mind lately because I sent his birthday present to him last week, and I've been waiting for him to get it. Also, I got his to me last week. Maybe this kind of real move out into the dating world is symbolically moving his stuff out of my head. I don't know. But I was really sad when I woke up this morning.

No comments: