Friday, April 11, 2008

The practical side of insomnia.

I woke up at 4am this morning, and started going through hat construction stages in my mind. I realized that I no longer had enough drying time between parts. So I got up and worked on my hat for an hour. I got the first part attached, and the second part covered in fabric. If things go as I hope, I can attach these second part tonight and start decorating tomorrow, giving it overnight Saturday to dry.

I went back to bed to see if I could get a bit of sleep, and had that weird sleep were you sleep, but you realize you're laying in the bed still. I dreamed that someone had come into my house and left a deluxe washer and dryer in my inexplicably much larger laundry room. I just walked in to find them there, and my old ones gone. While they were in there, they had painted the laundry room a lovely shade of canary yellow. I was standing there, dumstruck, when the alarm went off. Weird.

The things I dream about are just never in the dream dictionary. I read that in a Freudian interpretation, water in dreams is a symbol for sex. Of course everything else was to Freud too, but I'm sure he would have something interesting to say about that dream. If water is sex, what the hell kind of screwed up does it mean when you dream about a washing machine?

No comments: