Friday, April 25, 2008

Unexpected pleasures

I got off work today and was just kind of meandering around Whole Foods this evening, when Russ called. Neither he nor Billy could get home in time to greet Lady D and gypsy when they get here from Atlanta. He asked if Iwould head on to the house to greet them. Would I!! Of course I told him that I wouldn't mind a bit. It's a privilege, not a favor, to be the first one to get to see Lady D.

I had to haul ass though. I had groceries, and had to get home, put them away, change, head back out, stop for Lady D's drinks, and get to their house by 7. It was 6. Needless to say, I had no time to shower. But I managed to get there on time, with drinks. Fortunately, I had picked up some matzo today, since gypsy is Jewish, and it is still Passover.

So I'm here, waiting for them, with a delightful sense of anticipation, and happy with the unexpected fun Friday night out. Joy!

No comments: