Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's the weekend

Well it has taken 15 months, but I have finally managed to make a decent cup of coffee again. Michael always did that, and I have never been a great coffee maker, but before I met him, I could do it. I think I've finally done it enough that I have it down again. I also got some more 8 o'clock Hazelnut coffee, my old favorite, although I'm sure the fault was with me and not the coffee. I could really taste the sun-drenched South American slopes this morning.

Which is good, since it is anything but sun-drenched here today. We are continuing our pattern of beautiful weekdays and rainy weekends. So much for working in the yard today. It really needs it too. I'm afraid if I do it tomorrow, I won't have enough recovery time from the pollen before I have to go back to work. But I have to do something soon, or the neighbors will burn me in effigy.

Since it is raining, there won't be anyone at the flea market. I just ordered a tea pitcher on Amazon. It was just to the point of being ridiculous. Plus, with gas prices as high as they are, it's just as cheap to order it delivered as it is to keep shopping.

So I had coffee on the porch, and watched the bushes drip. Still not a bad way to start the day.

Russ and Billy are out of town this weekend, and Justin is house-sitting, but he's having young guys over tonight, and doesn't seem to want me over there, although we are supposed to go to the Jockey Lot in Anderson tomorrow, I guess weather permitting. Maybe I'll see what Walter is doing tonight...

No comments: