Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A trip to Spartanburg

After work tonight, I went up to see Justin. He had a piece of furniture he needed help moving. Turns out it was a big old wardrobe he had gutted and painted to use as an entertainment center. It was big, but not that heavy. We got that in and he fixed it the way he wanted it while we talked about the rest of our weekends (he was at the pool party Saturday) and what was going on with us.

After that, it was time for dinner. I was really looking forward to that, because we were going to Thai Taste, the most delicious Thai restaurant I have ever eaten in. Yes, I think it is even better than King and I, the one that used to be in Greenville that I have mourned lo these many years. I wasn't disappointed. The food at Thai Taste is even better than I remembered. I had fried tofu, pineapple, and tomatoes in a garlic chili sauce so delicious I could have licked the plate. YUMMY!

As if that wasn't enough, there was a table with several lovely manly-muscled arm guys for us to look at while we ate. Truly a notable meal.

While we ate, Justin talked to me about what to do about this rut I'm in. I keep resigning myself to be single, but then trying to date again - usually with disastrous results. I really don't want to leave and upheave everything, but Billy is afraid his job will be eliminated, and if that happens, Russ is pushing for them to move to Savannah. If they leave, I'm going to have to really think about what's keeping me here.

The quandry is where to go. The logical place is Columbia. That is where my mother is, and is closer to Lisa and Cindy (my sisters) and my neice and nephews. It's also not really any further from Wilkesboro (where my grandparents are) than where I am now. The problem is that I really don't like Columbia. Plus I would lose all my friends here, LOCK, and the bear group, although I'm fairly sure the bear group won't last long if Russ and Billy leave. I don't want to live in Atlanta. I like Charlotte, but Charlotte really doesn't make any sense now that Mom and Lisa have moved away. My friends Lee and Clayton live up there, but I really can't base a whole social life around them. They don't do that much socially.

So that leaves me here. Still. Griping as usual. Sigh.

No comments: