Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sigh. It's all over.

I kind of delayed going to bed for a while last night, because I didn't want the weekend to end.

I woke up early again, but couldn't start packing up since Russ was still asleep, so I slipped off to the lodge. By the time I got over there, the dungeon was already torn down, and people were packing up to go. Breakfast was just muffins, so I got a coffee and headed out to the porch. There is usually a group hanging out there on Sunday morning, sorry to see the weekend over. Today was no exception, and we had a nice little joke session before going off in our separate directions.

I ran into Billy, and he said he had been in twice to wake Russ up. He gave me full permission to go in and start packing up - as loudly as I wanted. Steve told me he had already packed my stuff up too. When I went to collect my dishes, I found that every bite of the desserts I brought had been eaten. That is a first, and made me feel good, although I know of at least one couple who would be unhappy with that. Apparently they took home one of the left over pies from Fall camp out, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

When I got back to the cabin, I saw that Steve had neatly folded my blankets and piled most of my stuff in one area. I started putting the window shades up, and was re-rolling my sleeping bag (it's a bit weird) when Russ started moving. I couldn't get my car in to load up (since everyone else was doing the same thing) anyway, so we sat on the little porch of the cabin, smoking and talking with Joanne and the guys as we waited for things to clear out some. We really didn't want to go yet anyway. Joanne invited us all to Savannah. I hope we go. That would be fun. I'm going to make them a Welsh Rarebit for breakfast if we go down, I've decided.

Eventually, things started thinning out. Billy and I helped some folks clear out their cabin, and I was able to get in and load up. We had to be out by 11am. I left at 10:50. I headed home in the quiet, turning the weekend over in my mind, and fretting about pound cake and recipes to take to Savannah, and whether or not I should pack my waffle iron if we go.

No comments: