Monday, May 26, 2008

The Day Off* - Happy Memorial Day!


The one chore I had set for myself today was that I HAD to mow the grass. The lawnmower has not been running, the yard has been OK, and I just hadn't felt like fooling with it, so I had been putting it off. About noon though, I knew it had to be dealt with. I went and got fresh gas, drained the tank, and eventually got the mower running again. It was a big relief not to have to spend a lot of money to get it repaired.


After that, I felt as if I had earned a bit of play. I need to do tons of stuff around here, but I wasn't going to spend my day off doing chores. I called Russ and Billy, and we decided to go see the new Indiana Jones movie this afternoon. I cleaned up and even did a bit of laundry before I left.


The movie was GREAT. I wondered if it would be as good as the originals were, and I really thought it was. Some of the CGI stuff was kind of stupid, like the sword fight that supposedly took place between two moving cars in a jungle, but overall it was very entertaining, and I really enjoyed it. I really like the new baby Indy, Shia LaBeouf. La Beouf indeed. Another fine piece of man delivered to us from Disney, the company that discovered Kurt Russell.


After that, it was back home to get ready for the work week, and get to bed early. I haven't been to bed before 1am the last two nights, and figure my Circadian Rhythm is completely screwed up.

No comments: