Monday, May 5, 2008

Family Drama continues

I got a call from Paul today. Dad wants to call and yell at him some more, but Paul doesn't want to hear it. Dad called his boss at work this morning, leaving a message with his boss to try to intimidate him. Paul called me and told me he now is going to have charges filed if Dad keeps it up. Not wanting to call my dad and listen to another tirade, I called Mom and told her about it. She is going to try and see if she can get Dad to back off. And I am once again squarely in the middle of all this shit. Sigh.

In all honesty, Dad does have a reason to be upset. He was wronged. But he has had his say. Several times. I think the time has come to let this drop. But that is not his way. This is not the first time we have had this problem with him. He just can't seem to let anything go. I am worried that I will be like that. I do find myself remembering old slights sometimes, and still getting upset about them. But I don't actually call the people involved.

No comments: