Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back to work

I got caught back up from being out, which was a good thing. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I know I'll spend the day doing the reports. There won't be time to catch up anything tomorrow.

I had an appointment with the attorney today to have my will re-drawn (because I'm single now, and because of the pending surgery), so I called Michael and my mother to ask about stuff they wanted out of the house. Michael surprised my by saying he wanted the cats. I didn't realize how fond he was of Jinx. When I got to the attorney's office, though, he kept me waiting for a half hour. Since I was out yesterday, and my lunch hour was now used up, I left. They told me I could just email the details to have the will drawn, and I'm thinking "Why the hell didn't we do that before!?"

I just read tonight. I'm reading the last of the "Thursday Next" series by Jasper Fforde, called First Among Sequels. It was written later than the rest of the series, but it is just as excellent, although in this one, for some reason, Thursday and Landen are inexplicably poor. Still a ripping read though.

It stormed tonight. Tumultuously and gorgeously. I left the front door open to get all the lovely ozone-laden air into the house that I could, and to be able to watch and hear better. The porch keeps it from raining in unless things are really windy. It was great. I set the watering can out too, to catch some rain for the porch plants. It was as much an excuse to get out in it a bit and get damp with rain as anything. I love a good storm. Made me wish Dario had been around...

I'm runnning out of books again. I need to order some up from the library. I may start on Charlaine Harris's "Teagarden" series. I have finished the "Shakespeare" series, and can't continue in the "Sookie Stackhouse" series until the next book I'm waiting for becomes available.

No comments: