Monday, May 5, 2008

A quiet night

My brother-in-law called me back yesterday to tell me he was filing for a restraining order against my dad. That should make dad 5 times as furious as he already is. Paul said his attorney may want to talk to me. I told him I wasn't getting involved in this unless it was at the end of a subpoena, but thanked him for the warning.

By the time I got off work, I wanted a sympathetic ear, and maybe a drink. But Russ and Billy had plans, and Russ was going to work in the yard tonight. Billy has his own family problems to deal with too.

So I went on out to dinner for Cinco De Mayo (Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone) at my little local quiet Mexican place with a book. I'm on the last Marketplace book now, and frankly, the way things have been going lately, I have just been all about escapism. So I had some chiles poblanos and some iced tea, and then went home and read until bedtime.

No comments: