Sunday, May 18, 2008

A most interesting evening*

I decided I needed to do some cleaning up, since I didn't do anything all week last week except cook desserts. I dropped a book by the library on the way home from the camp out, and had every intention of hauling off the tons of recycling choking my kitchen right now, but ended up not having the energy to do it. I also need to mow my grass, but that involves fixing the lawn mower and going to buy fresh gas, and suddenly it just seemed too involved. I did start on the mounds of laundry that need to be done, then ate something and took a nap.

When I woke up, I felt blowsy and worthless. I did a bit more wash, and washed and put away some of the Tupperware and dishes that I took for desserts this weekend. Then I cleaned up the kitchen some.

Russ had said he would call this evening if he felt like doing anything (he and Billy usually crash after the camp out), but I didn't hear from him. I drifted over to the computer, and started talking to this guy name Dario. Dario is really nice looking in his pics, be we had never met before. He is Hispanic (and I just love Hispanic men), plus he's local. We had tried to set up a meeting before, but it didn't work out. He was supposed to be doing this yard sale, and I was going to go by to see him, but I couldn't find it, and spent all this time on a wild goose chase, wondering in the back of my mind if he had really wanted to meet me at all.

It turns out he did want to meet me. He wound up coming over to hang out for a while. He is a very nice guy, and is just as good looking in person as he is in his pictures. He's also very modest about it, apparently not realizing how nice-looking he is. After we visited for a while, I suggested we go get some dinner, which we did. We had a good meal, and I enjoyed talking to him. He is from Colombia, and his whole family is here. He lived in LA for a while, but didn't like it. I hate LA, and since my sister Angela lives there, I was able to compare impressions with him. He was there for eight years though.

He got fed up with LA too, it just took him a bit longer, LOL. So now he's here, and seems to think I'm purty. And good for me! After dinner, he came back to the house for a while and we watched some of The Simpsons, which was on by that point. It was a really nice evening, and he is such a sweetheart. Russ called about dinner as Dario was leaving, but by that time it was after 8:30pm, and I was going to bed.

My parents are going to shit when they find out I'm seeing a Hispanic guy though. I'm going to wait a good bit to see where this goes before I say anything about it. For some reason, I just have this feeling we'll see each other again.

No comments: