Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It rained this morning, so Russ and I didn't go to Anderson. I really wanted to. But I really didn't need to spend any more money after last night anyway.

I didn't talk to Mother today, as she is headed for the Bahamas on a cruise at the moment, and good for her. I did send her a card, but she'll get it when she gets back.

I did go to see BB at the nursing home, and I guess she is in as good a spirits as can be expected. I was able to find some white tulips, her favorite flower, and took them over to her with a card. BB is all upset about the latest family drama that has been going on. I'm surprised that Eve told her about it, but then I guess she doesn't have that many other people to talk to. BB, of course, has little else to do but stew and worry about the situation. I meant to call Eve (my step-mother), but didn't end up doing it. I don't guess she heard from Cindy. Still I did send a card, and I had just seen her on her birthday. She and Dad leave tomorrow for a NRA convention in Kentucky. It is so weird that my dad is such a rabid gun nut, and I am such a pacifist. Anyway, they should have a good time. She loves to get dressed up and stuff, and has all kinds of tours and things planned for while they're gone.

After I left the rest home, I just did the shopping and came home. I did get the house picked up a bit, and removed the top layer of cat hair from the furniture. I got a bit of laundry done. I didn't get much done today, but I have a very busy week next week. I'll be baking every night, I have to make lunches for the week tomorrow night, and Justin is coming over Tuesday night. I had put him off until next week, because I have so much to do, but I knew he would want to see the glass, and I need to talk to him anyway. He's been kind of ducking me on some stuff lately. So I am going to have to hit the ground running, and I'll go all week next week, straight through to Sunday.

No comments: