Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kind of a bad day

I slept terribly last night. I woke up hungry (God knows why after that huge meal I ate) and then couldn't get back to sleep. So I woke up this morning feeling drug out.

It was Wednesday, so I had the hell slides to put together for my boss. It went OK, with the exception that one of the people I have to get information from was being snappy about the deadline with me. Admittedly it is dildonic, but it's not like I set it or anything.

At lunch, I spilled half my food on the way to the microwave. That made me feel kind of like I was a kid and dropped my ice cream cone. Anna, my friend in the cafeteria, was really nice about it though, and refused to let me help clean it up.

My boss then dumped some urgent work on me at 5:29pm, just as I was getting ready to walk out the door. I had to stay and process at least some of it before I left for the day, so I ended up working late.

***

After work, I went to get gas. I am VERY grateful that a) I have a discount membership that allows me to buy gas for a few cents less a gallon; and b) that I have a smaller car that isn't too bad on gas. Some of my friends are paying $60-$70 for a tank! I'm really glad I can drive on a week for less. I'm carpooling with my friends more too, although I have started offering to kick in for gas so I don't seem like a mooch.

Then it was off to the library. I had four books waiting for me - Yay! Especially since it has been overcast, and I haven't had a TV signal for several days. I went out in the yard for a while tonight to see if moving some branches near the receiver would make a difference, but I'm pretty sure it's the weather.

Once I got home, I finished the latest Thursday Next from Jasper Fforde, First Among Sequels. It is just as good as the others in the series, and I was very satisfied with the ending. I'm also glad he's planning on writing more of the series.

Then I had to get in the kitchen. I fixed my bland potato salad by making more sauce to go on it, and adding a bit of asian pepper garlic paste, which just makes everything better. Then I had to fix my soup. I made it after the camp out from some left-over vegetables, and it just turned out really bland. Plus I haven't really been in a mood for soup. But I figured it would be great for after the surgery. So I doctored it up some, washed some new containers I bought, and put it in the freezer. That way I can just throw a serving in the microwave if I don't feel like cooking.

By the time I got all that done, it was time for bed. I needed to get to bed early since I slept so badly last night. I did start a book called Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. I have been wanting to read the series for a while, and finally ordered the first one from the library. It seems like it's going to be a really good read.

No comments: