Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dinner out


I had a business dinner out tonight with one of the agencies I deal with. It was pretty nice. We went to Larkins on the River, a pretty nice place in downtown Greenville, right on the Reedy River. After dinner, we walked down to the footbridge that runs over Reedy River Falls. It was a nice evening.

One really funny thing did happen. We were talking about plastic surgery, celebrities, etc, and Kirstie Alley's name came up, which led to Valerie Bertinelli. I made the comment that I knew how she got big. She may look like America's Sweetheart, but she's a wild child, and had been married to some rocker dude. I couldn't remember who though. We were all trying to remember, when one of the guys came out with "Isn't it Little Richard?" I thought I was going to die! I found that endlessly hilarious.

When I got home, I called Cougar back. He confirmed that he has a van, and that he's coming tomorrow to get the mower tomorrow night.

Between that, and my evening out planned with Russ and Billy for dinner and the play on Saturday, it should be a pretty nice weekend.

I got confirmation from the doctor's office today that the surgery has been approved for June 11, so I emailed everyone to let them know what's going on. Mom is coming to stay with me, thank goodness, so I can be at home. Actually, several people have said they wouldn't mind taking care of me, since I won't be able to talk LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was Eddie Van Halen. The have one kid; Wolfgang.

And Little Richard appears as shocked as I was upon hearing about his alleged relationship with Valerie....